Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Four and A Half Pounds and Covered With Fur

This year, I have been longing for Christmas. Very early, I know, but I fell in love with our Christmas tree last year and this year it's going to be more of an event. Decorating the tree while listening to good old Christmas songs, drinking coffee and eating cinnamon rolls. Sounds wonderful, yes?

Apparently, Josh must have known all this. So my Christmas present came early. It has four paws.
I have now become a member of the rapidly multiplying group 'owners of yorkies.' Yes, I kind of judge myself. But she's ridiculously cute and we needed a pup under ten pounds. We had been planning on getting ourselves a pound puppy in November, but some friends of ours needed to get rid of their second yorkie and I had no puppy to hold. So, we now have a three year old snuggle bug named Roxie.

For the record: No, she doesn't like baths, but she does receive them quite frequently. No, she doesn't sleep with us. (Unless one of us gets up and leaves the house earlier than the other. Then she gets to lie on the bed ON TOP of the covers. I can't stand the thought of a dog being in our sheets. *Shudder.*) No, I don't carry her around in a purse. That would be another shudder. Yes, she is currently sleeping on my lap curled into a tiny ball.

Now, all I need is the Christmas tree.

6 comments:

  1. This is so great!
    Hooray for cute little dogs and for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHe's so cuuute! :) YAY for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how precious! WE are doggy people from way back and, big or small, what joy they bring. Ours weighs a little more than 4 1/2 pounds. Gives bigger kisses too. I think Yorkies are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little doggie you have. I always liked the Yorkies. I must say she is much cuter dry then wet from a bath. And they smell so good after a bath too. Hope you have many years of enjoyment with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is cute, Ericka! Anxious to meet her. It's so funny that her name is Roxy. That's the name of the dog we had for 1 day in CA that daddy made us take back because it looked blind and sickly. We found out later that it died. You were distraught. Now you have your Roxy.

    ReplyDelete