Sunday, June 12, 2011

Girl and boy rules for bathrooms aren't the same.

Today, I passed a large stone. Milestone, that is.

A lady at church realized I was pregnant and talked to me like it was obvious. No questions, no hesitation on whether I'm just chubby or not.

In the bathroom line at church, waiting (me- not so patiently) for our turns, we started discussing women going to the bathroom and how normally this lady and myself beat the rush. When I told her that I often have to leave during the last song to make my beeline for the bathroom, she said (and I quote)

"Well, you have a baby in your belly."
While she said this, she reached out and lightly tapped my stomach.



Stranger lady, you have stolen my heart.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. awww...so sweet..we want to see that baby bump you are sporting!!!
    love you
    mom pattengale

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the few times in life that people have the freedom to reach out and touch someones tummy. Good for you to write about this special milestone and making it a memory and not just glossing over it. It's the little things celebrated that make life meaningful. Dad's taking me away tomorrow for a couple days to celebrate our anniversary. 27 yrs!

    ReplyDelete